Jobless migrant labourers going back to native states
This was the Headline of a reputed Newspaper just two days back and in many Social forums it was a hot topic of discussion. Some quoted as this will reduce crime in Goa, some said they are the reasons behind unemployment of native Goans and some had other views like saving Goa from Migrants (People from other states) and protecting the identity of Goa and Goans. Some also referred migrants with slang names like “Ghaati” and “Bhaiya” etc. Some also proposed for “controlled migration policy” like in the USA.
- According to Indian Constitution (Fundamental Rights of India) “Every Indian has the Right to ‘Live’ and ‘Earn’ anywhere in India no matter which state or region he/she belongs” and Goa is a state like any other state in India.
- Talking about “Controlled Migration Policy” – well this law applies to Foreigners (Non-Indians) and not Indians. US has this law applied on foreigners (Non-Americans) to limit visas and not on Americans. If this was the case then metropolitan cities like Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Delhi, etc., and many other will be half empty.
- Every state or region has its own Identity and every Government takes enough steps to protect the identity of their respective states. Calling people with slang names as “Ghatis” and “Bhaiyas” is an outcome of a Racist mind and not of a wise person. The one who use these slang’s is a “Frog who has never seen the world outside its Well”.
- Any person who commits a crime is a criminal and should be treated as a criminal, irrespective of the region or religion he/she belongs.
- Calling our own people migrant’s a.k.a Aliens spreads hatred and negativity in the society and gives a false message, so avoid doing this.
There are three types of people in this world, one who Unites, one who divides and definitely the followers who are easily influenced by the other two. Now its up to us whom we choose to become.